A five-part virtual series for attending physicians, fellows, and allied health professionals who participate in the care of patients with peripheral arterial disease. Step Ahead aims to help practitioners reduce rates of PAD-related amputation and improve quality of life through professional development and education. Series content focuses on optimizing algorithms to improve clinical outcomes and advancing multidisciplinary collaboration in peripheral arterial disease and critical limb ischemia care. The web-based course format features clinical and scientific discussions on the efficacious utilization of interventional therapies, alternative strategies, and the critical role imaging plays in case planning and improving outcomes. Three sessions will also include panel-moderated live cases that provide multidisciplinary perspective and real world takeaways for endovascular procedures.
Objectives: Upon completion of this workshop, learners will be able to:
• Discuss PAD and CLI disease prevalence and patient risk stratification methodology.
• Understand best practices in medical therapy to manage risk factors and reduce amputation risk
• Utilize optimal imaging techniques to drive decisions including methods to reduce radiation, accurately size vessels, and assess lesion morphology
• Use PAD pathophysiology to differentiate the performance of wires, atherectomy technologies, and associated treatments
• Define procedural success and collaborative